Members Update – Fri 16th July
Members Update – Fri 16th July
We are conscious that many are keen to see a relaxation of rules, while others may still be anxious about returning; we are sensitive to this and would also ask users to respect and support the decisions we have made.
Please be aware that many of our staff are young so are not yet in a position to be fully vaccinated, we have a duty of care to these and all staff, and note that if lots of staff have to isolate then this will affect our ability to operate and it may reduce availability of facilities and activities.
The changes can be summarised as follows:
- If you are attending the Centre to participate in sporting activities you will no longer be required to wear face coverings around the Centre (although users are welcome to do so if it remains their personal preference)
- If you are attending the Centre to spectate you are asked to continue to wear a face covering, especially when in busier areas around the site.
- In order to relax our face covering policy for participants, we will be maintaining the one way-system and ask that all users follow this and maintain sensible social distancing around the Centre.
- Cleaning schedules will be maintained and access to hand sanitiser will continue around the Centre
- Current opening times will be maintained at present (with the intention to resume early weekday opening at 6.30am from September). Current opening hours are 8am – 10pm weekdays & 8am – 6pm weekends.
- We are reviewing updated guidance around the re-opening of the Health Suite (Steam & Sauna) but do not yet have a date scheduled for this
- All rules will be reviewed regularly and we will update you again when any further changes are planned
GYM & FITNESS
- The Group Exercise programme will be expanded from Monday, to allow a maximum of 20 participants in each Studio class & 19 for Spin classes
- We will continue to operate the booking system for the gym with 60 or 90-minute sessions, although at current capacity there is usually space to book at short notice or upon arrival for those making a last minute decision to come and workout.
- We are planning for the gym capacity to be increased from 35 to approx 50 stations during August
- We expect to see restrictions on social sessions being eased, so session capacities are likely to increase and additional sessions added in the weeks ahead
- With easing of test and trace monitoring requirements, court bookings will be simplified online, with dedicated member and non-member bookings options (additional players can then book in advance by phone or in person rather than via the opponent/3rd & 4th player options online)
- A limit of 4 players per court will be maintained, although spectators will be allowed on the premise they follow all general rules noted above
- Junior course capacities will be reviewed and extended where needed over the summer period to enable more children to resume their sessions
BAR & CATERING
- Current opening times will be maintained at present, although there will no longer be a need to reserve a table in advance for those wishing to eat/drink on site. Current opening hours are 3.30pm – 8pm Mon – Wed, 12pm – 8pm Thu – Fri & 9am – 2pm weekends
Throughout the pandemic the Management Team have sought to take an informed and cautious approach to introducing and adjusting measures to keep the Centre Covid Secure for all staff and for all users.
We are grateful for the incredibly positive feedback received from the vast majority of users, and we remain committed to re-opening and expanding in the safest possible way, while clearly looking to return to the levels of activity we all once took for granted as being normal day-to-day business around the Centre.
If you have any queries on the changes to restrictions, please ask your line manager or respond to this message….
Redbridge Sports & Leisure